Wednesday 6 August 2008

Resident Evil 5 (update?)

Well I'm calming down with Resident Evil 5. I think I have UGO GAMESBLOG to help me with my anger management. This still doesn't mean I'm sceptical about it, allot of my scepticism is still there. However some of my previous arguments I feel that It was uncalled for.

For example, the gameplay. Last time I felt that they were not evolving it as much as RE4, but then I realised RE2 was a great game, and the gameplay with in the basic controls were virtually unchanged.

"Takeuchi: When we first set out to develop the game, RE4 was not only a great game but had a great system at the core of the game. We definitely knew that we didn’t want to change that system radically, we wanted to the same core system in RE5. So that was the base that we started on and we started thinking, “What new elements can we bring to that? What new elements can we improve to make it a more complete experience.” For example, the co-op mode and brining all of those elements together to create an improved, refined, and evolved version of RE4.
"

So when it comes to the controls and most of the gameplay, there will be no complaining....ok minimum complaints, I still think it's cheap using recycled animations and sounds though...

This part of the interview (find the whole interview here http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/resident_evil_5_interview1)

"Takeuchi: RE5 wouldn’t be the end of that story. I can tell you that in RE there’s been a mystery throughout the entire series. If you think of that mystery as being something in a box that you don’t know what it is, in RE5 we’re finally going to lift the lid on the box and you’ll be able to see what the mystery is inside. So while its not the end, maybe you can think of this game as being the beginning of the end.
"

This makes me very excited about playing this game, sure it wont be anywhere as epic or complete as a game like MGS4, but it's still exciting, this is probably the reason to buy RE5, I've been looking for this reason, now I've found it.

On the Degeneration side, it seems that it may be a possibility that Leon will be working alongside the B.S.A.A in Resident Evil: Degeneration.


"Takeuchi: The prupose of the B.S.A.A., that organization, is said to help stop incidents of bio-terrorism that are happening around the world. I can’t really tell you too maymore details… but I can say that obviously Sheva is an agent based in Africa and Chris is an agent normally based in America but sent to Africa. They have many agents based in many places around the world. They are a worldwide organization. That organization was founded as a result of the incident in Raccoon City; a really big bio-terrorism incident happened there in the previous games in the series. So that is the basis of that organization.
"

Interesting Eh? If those guys in gas masks etc trying to counteract the outbreak are B.S.A.A, that would be awesome

However the rest of the interview I'll leave for you guys to read.

No comments: