Sunday 24 August 2008

Bioshock for the Playstation 3



Five words you seek to destroy a 360 Fanboy?

Bioshock for the Playstation 3.

These are the words I give to ye.

I was just browsing the interwebs (hey it's what I do!) and came across Bioshock for the Playstation 3, which has an October 21st release date. Not only is this awesome news for someone who refused to buy a 360, and doesn't own a PC anymore, but it just tickels me more, that yet again 360 fanboys are writhing with pain, certainly moreso than Dead Rising for the Wii did.

Bioshock is set during the 1960's, your character finds himself in an underwater 'utopia' (more like dystopia) where things have obviously gone wrong. You must gentetically modyfy yourself if you are to survive.

The 360 and PC versions were amazing, and if anything Bioshock is a good 360 game, however you could always get it on PC.

Now the PS3 version sports the same impressive graphics, and some new modes such as Survivor Mode, and sports new rooms which have some new (optional challenges) such as a demonic carnival, which require certain powers to overcome, these will obviously have some effect on your preformance during the game, however apart from that the storyline remains 100% in-tact. Now the PS3 sports 'trophies' (god damn it, we aren't following the 360 here, I'm not someone who needs reassuring that I'm good, I already know I am) there will be trophies to win too.
I have a lovely bunch of coconuts - Welcome to the Carnival:
Step right up and win a prize...

All in all, the PS3 exclusive content isn't too great, but it certainly is better than your usual port of a game, which gets nothing, for example the rushed port hybrid of the PS2 and Gambecube versions of Resident Evil 4, or the disgusting port of Resident Evil 2 (PS1/N64 hybrid) and Resident Evil 3 (Dreamcast) [I guess adding the word 'three' to the end of the voiceover of the title "Resident Evil 3, could be counted as GC exclusive content)

However I'm excited, I guess I'll get Bioshock instead of Ghostbusters this autum, a fine replacement. However come 2009, I'll hopefully have enough funding to get Ghostbusters by then :-)

Horrific - The RE2 port for Gambecube was a large disappointment

Resident Evil 3 wasn't any betterThe only exclusive content here was the controls

No comments: