Sunday 31 August 2008

Metal gear Solid 5

GAMEPRO has released an article that assistant producer of Kojima Productions is leaving. However he had something interesting to say

"It'll be hard not being involved in MGS5, but I've got the utmost confidence that Hideo Kojima, Ken Imaizumi, and our amazing team will put together another blockbuster game. I'll be cheering from the sidelines."

As we all know Hideo Kojima has repeatedly said he wont be directing another Metal Gear Solid, and when the epic Metal gear Solid 4 (PS3) was released a few months ago Kojima confirmed that this would be the last game involving Solid Snake.

So what does MGS5 hold in store? I mean there are NO plot loops left open from the last quadoligy, everything was tied up. This means that a whole bunch of new characters will have to be introduced, my guess is that there will be a new patriots, and a new government conspiricy to solve.
However with Solid Snake out the way, and Raiden becoming Jack, and settling down with Rose (plus fans don't want Raiden), then who's going to be as cool as Solid Snake? Isn't he the 3rd greatest Soldier that ever lived? Or as Grey Fox out ranked him, maybe the 4th gretaest?
So I can't help but think, who can replace Solid Snake? Can anyone repleace Solid Snake and a bunch of other characters, and Hideo Kojima? It's a tough order to fill; but hey, as Ryan Payton said they have a great team behind them, and it's the team that make the game come to life, and if Hiedo Kojima doesn't like the direction (as producer) he has near ultimate decission to change the direction. I'm sure Konami will do fine. Hell I trust em' more than I could ever trust Capcom, but then again that isn't saying much, after Umbrella Chronicles I can't trust Capcom any more.

No comments: