Wednesday 10 June 2009

Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles Eyes-On review

Hello, another update. With the E3 footage of Darkside Chronicles in place I thought I'd give my initial impressions of the game.

Visually this along with Dead Space Extradition has to be one of the most beautiful games visually for the Wii. This is the standard in which all vidogames made for the Wii should strive for. The detail is amazing for a console that is basically an X-Box with motion controls.

Gameplay wise it seems pretty similar to the Umbrella Chronicles, but with a few differences which I think are required. First of all I feel that the second player on screen during single player play is a great help, I think that this addition alone has made the game feel like you always have a second player. With Umbrella Chronicles I always felt that when you had two players you didn't feel that you had a partner, now I feel this not only ads logical sense but it adds not only to the atmosphere but also to the gameplay. The only thing I have against it is that the AI always seems to run into trouble rather that judging the situation properly, hopefully this AI character wont share a lifebar. The dramatic camera builds a better atmosphere because you have no control over it most of the time; I feel that this could come to a frustrating disadvantage through when it comes to finding hidden ammo and items.

As far as the sound design goes I feel that the voice acting is top notch, and Steve isn't as whiney, I did catch a glimpse of Alfred Ashford and Alexia, and I hope to FUCK that they give them decent voices, oh please may they have decent voices.

All in all this game doesn't seem to bad for what it is, but what it is is another on rails shooter, and I'm not a fan of those, it just seems like FPS for fucktards, or those with not much time on their hands, which works well in arcades, but not if you want a game with a lot of levels to complete. This game I'd say is definitely worth checking out if you want to play a mature game on the Wii, but if you don't like on rails, this game wont change you mind about how retarded they are.

No comments: