Tuesday 22 July 2008

Watchmen

Yes, I know I'm late, but it isn't exactly that anyone is reading this blog yet!

Anyway I loved the graphic novel, however I'm not such a large fan that I deserve to make this post, so I might even hand over this post to another person who can REALLY give it their full criticism, so I'm giving a small review....

Well what can I say? I'm looking forward to this film. the Trailer


is impressive, however I'm reserving my judgement until a later trailer, the film looks like it has potential to be great, but as Alan Moore said "I don't think Watchmen can me truly expressed in a film" which I totally agree. A film compresses all the depth, all the idoligy, the sheer expanse of a story, and compresses it into two hours of viewing pleasure. So what I recommend everyone who sees this movie to do is to read the novel first. This shouldn't be treated like an average comic book movie, this one is a one-off, it isn't like Spiderman in which you can pick characters and enemies and write your own universe to suit your creative vision. This is a single novel with visual guides. Lets just hope that Solid Snake (David Hayeter) has written it well. Only time can tell.

Solid Snake wrote the Watchmen Movie

PS: Malin Akerman as Laurie Juspeczyk / Silk Spectre II looks extremely hot...














Anyway a more detailed review will come later, all I can say for now is that I can't wait to see more!

No comments: