Saturday 20 December 2008

Welly Welly Welly

If it isn't Christmas coming up, well today is the only opportunity fro me to blog fro a while so lets look at the recent developments, Resident Evil 5 has some developments such as a release date (near my Birthday too! With crappy American Box-Art (however so much better than the American RE4 box-art) being released, and an amazing Special Japanese Edition (http://www.e-capcom.com/bio5/) being released. Also the marketing has been pushed into live action, with acting as good as the game itself (bad then ho ho ho Merry Zingmas!).

However what does all this say about what I think of RE5? Well fanboys, I'm sorry but although RE5 looks nice, and I am excited (especially at Christmas) about the game. I cannot endorse that this game will be a classic such as Dead Space. I mean all they've done is made it epically more Cinematic, however the acting, dialogue and plot is just as poor as any Capcom game, and they just don't have the Konami magic.

Resident Evil 5 however does have some intriguing points to look forward to such as the 'death' of Jill Valentine. The Tricell Corporation (especially after Degeneration, I'm more excited than ever), and maybe a battle of epic proportions between Neo-Wesker and Roided Up-Chris.

Not as epic as the battle between Snake and Liquid at then end of MGS4, but none-the less a Capcom sort of Epic.

Oh and of course bloody great big crocodiles, which I guess are not infected apart from one bloody big one I've seen in screens.

All in all this is RE4 on steroids, much like Chris's arms the size of Schwarzenegger’s chest.

Ok so Ghostbusters, well these guys have got me, I have to admit, I'm a fanboy and will ignore all negative comments until I play the game myself, I'm hoping it will be awesome, I just hope it will. Looking at everything though the game look awesome, but I'll make sure I review it when it comes out. On the matter of Ghostbuster 3 though Sigourney Weaver and Bill Burry are discussing Ghostbuster's 3, and Sigourney is considering Alien 5! What the fuck is going one with these stars?! It isn't only the stars though; it's the fact that Ridley Scott will be doing Alien 5 too!

I mean a little money waved in front of these people and they jump to it. I'm a fan of Scott and Wever's work (most of teh time) however I was a fan of the original Star Wars and Indiana Jones: I was coned once into thinking KoTCS was going to be great, but not any more, any 80's revival, remake or re-imaging will only be viewed online. Damn you George Lucas!!!!!!

Well I'd report on the other festivities, but there has been no real news about them, and none that really alter my view on them, Robocop is still in Limbo, Dead Rising Wii still sucks, GTA; Chinatown Wars I still refuse to get a DS for and as for ‘Batman 3’ is still in rumourworld, with the likes of Eddie Murphy playing the Riddler. I mean, you DON'T get comic actors to play serious roles, the Riddler is supposed to be like Jigsaw, not like Jim Carry or Eddie Murphy.

No comments: