Tuesday 5 May 2009

Butch Cassidy Remake - Starring Tom Cruise and John Travolta?

NO! NOO! It's just WRONG. NO!

I can't fucking believe it, Hollywood finally did it, the line if far behind them, I think I snapped a while ago, but this has finally had the soul crushing power to finally break me into shattered pieces of what was left of a good human being. (I don't suppose anyone has heard of a supervillian who turned to a life of crime, murder and terrorism because of shitty hollywood remakes?)

BUT I don’t think it's because Hollywood are remaking Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid; NO, they are doing it with two of the most unlikely fucking people who can't even hold a candle to the original cast: According to Entertainment and Showbiz dot com John Travolta and Tom Cruise are to play the lead roles.

I've read rumours that Matt Damon and Ben Affleck were to play the roles, still very unwelcome.

What I want to know is how much the church are paying to get Tom and John the leading roles. Tom hasn't had a decent film since the original Mission Impossible (which despite people joking about Tom Cruise and Mission Impossible 2 and 3, I thought the 1st was quite a decent flick.) John Travolta hasn't had a decent role since Pulp Fiction.

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid shouldn't be touched. If any of these so called "professional" actors had any sense or any soul left they'd have the decency to stick their fingers up at the producers telling them they should leave classic films alone.

As a legal notice so these actor's lawyers or Scientology doesn't sue me: I'm sure Afleck, Matt, John and Tom are really nice people, but they must have really lost their professionalism if they are really considering even joining such a project. Also this article is based on personal opinion, so don't sue me for libel either.

No comments: