Sunday 25 January 2009

The A-Team Movie

Well I thought "Hmm what other 80's show can we ruin?" and I thought "Bingo! The A-Team" and naturally i remembered a while back there was going to be an A-team movie!

So if I was in charge who would I have play who, and what would the bullshit story be?

Well story wise, I'd have it set during this war we are having with our neighbours in the Middle East. Four soldiers decide that the War is unjust and they don't feel right killing so they plan an escape, and escape in some spectacular way. The rest of the film is the millitary hunting them down while they are trying to help innocent civilians, with McGyver style booby traps etc. Think of it a "The Bourne Identity" but with 4 guys and allot more comical moments.

Ok so although we couldn't have the old cast (thanks to some of them dying) we could have a new cast.

George Cloony as Hannibal Smith: I mean who could be smug enough to play this guy? Well George Cloony of course! He's also done some good films, seeing him in oceans 11 just made me think of Hannibal Smith.

Jim Carry as 'Howlin' Mad' Murdoch - Sorry but Jim Carry was built for this role. There is no-one else on this earth who could play Murdoch. Given the right dialoge and direction and Jim Carry can be a brilliant actor.

Ving Rahmes as B.A. Baracus - I know Mr T is the ONLY person who will ever be B.A. but as this is a modern day adaptation I think Ving is the man to put on the Mohawk

Christian Bale as Face. Let’s face it (get it? Ok I'll slap myslef for that one). Christain Bale is currently the flavour of the month, and to add to that; a damn fine actor. I know if the script was good enough he’d do it, if not I’m sure Brad Pit would more than welcome the role

Who would I have to direct and write it? The Coen Brothers of course!

Ok so Coen Brothers + George Cloony + Jim Carry + Ving Rahmes +Christain Bale and you might have a damn fine movie on your hands gentlemen!

Here's a shitty quick photoshop!

No comments: